- Spain / Worldwide
- 4 days – 3 nights – 4 shoots
Designed for equine and wildlife photographers, capture the Majestic Friesian stallions and Friesian foals, in different locations, with contrasting scenery, in Northern Spain. From sunrise and sunset shoots on the beach to striking backdrops at the elegant ranch, you are guaranteed the horses at their best, whether it’s feisty action shots or still and serene portraits.
This workshop has been designed as a stand-alone tour, but it can also be ‘bolted-on’ to our Camargue Weekender and Equine Weekender workshops, both of which are complementary in duration and content.
Key facts at a glance:
Create Away is working exclusively with a Friesian stud farm in Northern Spain, a family company that pioneered the introduction of the race to Spain and, like Create Away, their motto is ‘Quality’. This provides the perfect blend of beautiful horses and an ideal setting to photograph the horses. Create Away’s experience and knowledge of equine photography consolidates the recipe to achieve stunning images to take away.
- 4 Stallions and Foals shoots in different locations and compositions, on the beach and at the ranch
- Tuition from a highly successful, professional photographer, whose international career spans over 3 decades
- B&B at a delightful 4-star hotel in a seaside resort in Northern Spain
- Airport transfers to and from Montpellier airport – arrivals day between 09h00 and mid-afternoon/departures day between 09h00 and 19h00 (other transfers are not included but can be arranged by us)
|What’s included in the price:||What’s excluded:|
This itinerary is a draft only and is subject to change
Day 1 Sunday
We will collect you from Barcelona airport at 2pm for transfer to your delightful 4-star hotel, with sea views, in Catalonia in Northern Spain.
At 6pm, we will gather for a welcome drink and briefing meeting.
Day 2 Monday
In the morning, we head to the ranch for the first shoot with the young Friesian foals. We capture them playing and running, against a beautiful backdrop, with different compositions, making for a wide range of different shots.
In the afternoon, we return to the ranch to photograph the majestic Friesian stallions, in varying configurations, from single stallion to several at once, allowing you to capture stunning images of their silky black coats and flowing manes, against a contrasting yellow wall.
Day 3 Tuesday
In the morning we head to the beach, at sunrise, with two Friesian stallions. We capture beautiful silhouettes as the sun starts to rise over the beach and sea. We then change location to photograph the stallions, with the warm winter sun transforming their coats to a shimmering gold, in the soft morning light. Poised and still or dashing through the shallow water of the lagoon, capture exciting action shots and stunning portraits.
Late afternoon, we head back to the beach to capture the horses in both portraits and action shots as the warm winter sun sets on the horizon.
Day 4 Wednesday
After breakfast, we head back to Barcelona airport (arriving around midday for afternoon flights home) or on to France, for those continuing their equine journey in the Camargue.
Single occupant (en-suite): £1696 per person
2 people sharing room: 5% off the workshop price
A deposit of 25% is payable at the time of booking
* To join our workshops, you need to have a good understanding of how your own camera works (how to set it up in Manual, Aperture and Shutter priority) and understand about exposure.
Pre-workshop course (subject to availability)
If you would like to arrive a day early to benefit from a course on your camera, settings, techniques and how to obtain the best out of your workshop, please let us know. We consider the pre-course very worthwhile for intermediate-level photographers and essential for beginners or photographers with new equipment they are not familiar with. Cost including hotel £370 pp.
What is included in the price:
- 3 nights B&B in delightful 4-star Hotel in a seaside town in Northern Spain
- Airport transfers to and from Barcelona on arrivals/departures days of the workshop (other transfers are not included but can be arranged by us)
- All transportation during your course
- Guidance throughout by expert professional photographer, Serge Krouglikoff
Before you book your flights, you might like to consider extending your stay before or after the workshop to discover the fabulous City of Barcelona or for a few days R&R on the Spanish coast in the sunshine.
Bookings & Payment:
Payment by bank transfer (please request our banking details) or by PayPal online.
Why not treat someone with one of our Gift Vouchers? – available for full or partial workshop prices