Ultimate Wild White Horses
- Camargue / France
- 5 days - 4 nights - 7 shoots
Ultimate Wild White Horses
So many people across the globe fulfil their life-long dream with us to photograph the Wild White Horses of the Camargue. You can’t beat the adrenalin rush of this noble breed splashing through the shallow waters of the marsh and beach. The workshop includes each of our different Wild White Horses shoots – running in the marsh, running on the beach, sparring stallions and single stallions on the beach, in the sea & surf and rearing on the sand dunes – making for spectacular award-winning shots.
Key facts at a glance:
Create Away is the only photography workshop company actually based in the Camargue, making us the number one specialists. We have strong and long established links with the local people who deeply respect the traditions and wildlife of their treasured land
- Exclusive access to private land, unavailable to anyone else
- 2 galloping horse shoots with several ‘drives’ per shoot, in different marsh locations/compositions
- 2 galloping horse shoots on the beach/in the sea/at the lagoon
- 1 shoot with the sparring Stallions
- 2 single Stallion shoots on the beach/in the sea
- Tuition from a highly successful, professional photographer whose international career spans over 3 decades
- B&B at a charming hotel in a picturesque Mediaeval walled city
- Airport transfers (Montpellier) & all transportation included
|What’s included in the price:||What’s excluded:|
This itinerary is a draft only and is subject to change
We will collect you from Montpellier airport for transfer to your charming hotel in the centre of the medieval town of Aigues-Mortes. Take time to unwind, unpack and perhaps explore the narrow streets of the city that lies within the mile-long rampart walls.
At 6pm, we will gather for a welcome drink and briefing meeting.
Informal group dinner at local bistro (optional)
We head to the beach for the first shoot of a beautiful white Stallion. We photograph him dashing and diving in and around the sea and surf, as well as rearing on the top of the sand dunes, making for a wide range of dramatic action shots.
Late afternoon, we photograph the Wild White horses running through the marsh. We shoot several drives with the horses running across and towards your field of view. We will also take shots of the ‘Gardians’ (Camargue Cowboys) dressed in their traditional Camargue shirts & hats, trident in hand, surrounded by the herd as well as some close-up portraits of the ‘weathered’ ranchers.
In the morning we have another session with the horses running together through the shallow waters of the lakes but with a different composition and location. After the action, we then take portraits of the horses on their own or in small groups.
Late afternoon, we head to the beach for the ultimate spectacle of the white horses running along the golden sand and in the sea as the sun sets in the surf spray! We also capture the horses in a peaceful lagoon with beautiful reflections.
In the morning, we have the final session with the white horses running through the marsh with a different composition again. We will also capture the ‘Gardians’ at work herding the wild horses.
Late afternoon, we head back to the beach for the second shoot at the lagoon and on the beach and in the sea.
In the evening group dinner at typical Camargue restaurant (optional/depending on the time of year)
For the final shoot, we photograph the sparring stallions – this is a unique opportunity to see the White horses entwined at full height, in feisty temperament with their manes flying.
Free time for lunch before afternoon departures to the airport.
Single occupant (en-suite bathroom): £2651 per person
2 people sharing room: 5% off the workshop price
Discounts available for group bookings. Please enquire to find out more
A deposit of 25% is payable at the time of booking
* To join our workshops, you need to have a good understanding of how your own camera works (how to set it up in Manual, Aperture and Shutter priority) and understand about exposure.
Pre-workshop course (subject to availability)
If you would like to arrive a day early to benefit from a course on your camera, settings, techniques and how to obtain the best out of your workshop, please let us know. We consider the pre-course very worthwhile for intermediate-level photographers and essential for beginners or photographers with new equipment they are not familiar with. Cost including hotel £370 pp.
What is included in the price:
- 4 nights B&B in 3-star Hotel (4-star hotel with price available on request) in Medieval Aigues-Mortes
- Airport transfers to and from Montpellier airport/station on arrivals/departures days of the workshop (other transfers are not included but can be arranged by us)
- All transportation during your workshop
- Guidance throughout by an expert professional photographer
Before you book your flights, you might like to consider arriving a day or two earlier or staying a day or two after the workshop to make the most of the beautiful region and sunshine – we also offer an amazing horse riding experience as well as other excursions & activities – just ask Ros for further details.
Bookings & Payment:
Payment by bank transfer (please request our banking details) or by PayPal online
Why not treat someone with one of our Gift Vouchers? – available for full or partial workshop prices
For non-photography partners or friends, we can organise a variety of activities to keep them busy whilst you are out shooting – click here for more details