Camargue Wild White Horses
- Camargue / France
- 4 days – 3 nights – 5 shoots
Camargue Wild White Horses
So many people across the globe fulfil their life-long dream with us to photograph the Wild White Horses of the Camargue. You can’t beat the adrenalin rush of this noble breed splashing through the shallow waters of the marsh and lakes. Action shots, sparring stallions, and gorgeous portraits, under Mediterranean blue skies, make for award-winning photography. Exclusive shoots, in small groups, led by No.1 Camargue specialist, Serge Krouglikoff, whose international photography career spans over 30 years. This workshop appeals to Wildlife and Equine photographers alike.
Key facts at a glance:
Create Away is the only photography workshop company actually based in the Camargue, making us the number one specialists. We have strong and long established links with the local people who deeply respect the traditions and wildlife of their treasured land
- Exclusive access to private land, unavailable to anyone else
- 3 galloping horse shoots with several ‘drives’ per shoot, in different locations
- 1 shoot with the single white stallion in the sea, on the beach and rearing on the dunes
- 1 shoot with the sparring stallions
- B&B at a charming 3-star hotel in a picturesque mediaeval walled city
- Airport transfers on arrivals/departures days of the workshop (Montpellier) & all transportation included
This itinerary is a draft only and is subject to change.
We will collect you from Montpellier airport for transfer to your charming hotel in the centre of the medieval town of Aigues-Mortes. Take time to unwind, unpack and perhaps explore the streets of the city that lies within the mile-long rampart walls.
At 18h00, we will gather for a welcome drink and briefing meeting.
Informal group dinner at local bistro (optional)
We leave before dawn for the Parc Ornithologique, which is a natural Camargue wetlands area with a large array of birdlife, including the famous Pink Flamingos. Create Away’s privileged Camargue contacts provide us with access the park before sunrise and before it opens to the public, so you can capture wonderful, exclusive images as the birds fly in to begin their day.
In the afternoon, we photograph at least a dozen Wild White horses running through the marsh and heading straight towards your cameras. We shoot several drives with the horses running across your field of view! We will also take shots of the ‘Gardians’ (Camargue Cowboys) dressed in their traditional Camargue shirts & hats, trident in hand, surrounded by the herd as well as some close up portraits of these ‘weathered’ ranchers.
In the morning we have another session with the horses running together through the shallow waters of the lakes. After the action, we then take portraits of the horses on their own or in small groups.
In the afternoon we photograph the white horses running through the marsh, in a different location. We will also capture the ‘Gardians’ at work herding the wild horses.
In the evening group closing dinner at typical Camargue restaurant (optional/depending on the time of year)
At dawn, we photograph the sparring stallions– this is a unique opportunity to see the White horses entwined at full height, in feisty temperament with their manes flying!
Early afternoon departures to the airport.
Single occupant (en-suite): £1725 per person
2 people sharing room: 5% off the workshop price
Discounts available for group bookings. Please enquire to find out more
A deposit of 25% is payable at the time of booking
* To join our workshops, you need to have a good understanding of how your own camera works (how to set it up in Manual, Aperture and Shutter priority) and understand about exposure.
Pre-workshop course (subject to availability)
If you would like to arrive a day early to benefit from a course on your camera, settings, techniques and how to obtain the best out of your workshop, please let us know. We consider the pre-course very worthwhile for intermediate-level photographers and essential for beginners or photographers with new equipment they are not familiar with. Cost including hotel £370 pp.
What is included in the price:
- 3 nights B&B in 3-star Hotel (4-star hotel with price available on request) in Medieval Aigues-Mortes
- Airport transfers to and from Montpellier airport/station on arrivals/departures days of the workshop (other transfers are not included but can be arranged by us)
- All transportation during your workshop
- Guidance throughout by an expert professional photographer
Before you book your flights, you might like to consider arriving a day or two earlier or staying a day or two after the workshop to make the most of the beautiful region and sunshine – we also offer an amazing horse riding experience and can recommend other excursions & activities – just ask Ros for further details.
Bookings & Payment:
Payment by bank transfer (please request our banking details) or by PayPal online.
Why not treat someone with one of our Gift Vouchers? – available for full or partial workshop prices